£80 - £85 per day
4 days ago
Long term perm
ASD Teaching Assistant - Lambeth - September 2021
I am currently recruiting for a 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant to join one of our lovely Primary Schools based in Lambeth, South East London. You will help support 1:1 with a year 6 child with ASD and challenging behaviour. This position is full-time and long-term starting in September (potential to go permanent).
Previous experiences working within a schools setting and/or special educational needs would be advantageous.
Contract Details for the SEN Teaching Assistant role:
- Location - Lambeth, South East London
- Position - ASD Teaching Assistant
- Type of work - Supporting a Year 6 student with Autism
- EXPERIENCE - SEN experienced only
- Start date - September 2021
- Contract type - Temporary/Permanent
- Full time/part time - Full-Time Monday to Friday
- Minimum rate of pay - £75-£85 per day
Experience, Training and Qualifications required for the SEN Teaching Assistant role:
- Previous LSA experience is required, ideally within the SEN Sector, although this is not essential providing you have the right attitude and desire.
- A passion for working with children with ASD, Aspergers, Complex Needs
- Pro Active in the classroom and a willingness to join in with class activities.
- You should have lots of energy and enthusiasm with a positive attitude towards working with SEN students.
- Happy to undertake personal care responsibilities
To be eligible as an SEN Teaching Assistant role through Remedy Education you must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Remedy is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Remedy in order to fill this vacancy.
Remedy Education is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.