£75 - £85 per day
about 1 month ago
Remedy Education are in search of a SEND Teaching Assistant to work within KS1 in one of our Southwark based schools. This will be working on a 1-1 basis with a Non-verbal pupil with a EHCP. This job is to start in September with a view to a permanent position.
The pupil has high level needs and given his barriers to learning will require someone with a good understanding of Autism.
This pupil can be disruptive and does struggle to sit still for prolonged periods of time, often leaving his seat. If you are a nurturing TA with a strong understanding of ASD and the passion to make a difference, we would like to hear from you.
This is a lovely primary school that has brilliant senior management in place who will support you every step of the way. All they ask is that you are a dedicated professional who wants to make a real difference to the education of the pupils you will be working with. This is an opportunity to become a part of a positive and innovative team, that aims to provide high quality support for all children and their families.
If you are interested in working in an Outstanding school, then please apply ASAP.
All we ask is that you have the following skills and experience.
- Previous experience either working in provisions in mainstream schools or
- Experience working in a School or with young people with complex behaviour.
- Looking to support a develop pupils with additional learning needs.
- Clear communication both written and verbal
- Be willing to learn
- Have a strong classroom management style.
- Have a creative approach in dealing with behaviour
- Be able to use your own initiative and work as part of a team.
Interested? Here are a few key benefits that may help you to make your decision:
- A dedicated Consultant with specific knowledge of Schools in your area
- A variety of daily and long-term positions to suit your needs
- 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone
- Minimal administration (no time sheets)
- Email and SMS verification of bookings
All candidates who register with Remedy Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Carly Walters directly.