West London, London
£22 - £24 per hour
about 1 year ago
Allocations Officer - Housing
Remedy Housing are currently working with a local authority in West London and are seeking an experienced Allocations Officer. This will involve working with residents made homeless by the fire in Grenfell Tower.
**Salary- £22-24 PH**
The successful Housing Applicant will require the following-
- Working proactively using initiative and knowledge to apply appropriate options to tackle housing need ensuring that the council's resources, including accommodation and financial resources are appropriately used according to the needs of the home seeker, enabling them to achieve sustainable and affordable solutions to their housing needs including targeting shared ownership and under occupation.
- To manage applications for social housing, including those of a complex nature and be responsible for applying the law and policy appropriately, reaching lawful and defensible decisions and ensuring that the Council's Housing Allocations Policy is implemented
- To take a lead on a particular topic and/or liaison with a partner department or agency as directed by the Housing Allocations Manager. Ensure that colleagues are briefed on relevant issues relating to the topic/liaison
- Provide information for new tenants about the properties and services available and ensure this information is regularly updated while liaising with tenancy management colleagues to ensure that the sign up process is efficient and informative for the client.
- Undertake home visit to housing applicants who are shortlisted for vacant properties, verifying their eligibility and circumstances. Where appropriate, ensure that vulnerable applicants have support to ensure that they can manage their tenancy.
- Knowledge of current housing, immigration and related legislation, case law, policies and good practice including relevant Housing and Homelessness Acts.
- Knowledge in relation to available housing stock and ability to meet the needs of the client and hard to let vacancies
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation and an ability to apply and enforce it, particularly in relation to lone workers.
- Knowledge of data protection legislation, especially relating to customer records.
- Driving License
- Housing experienced is essential.
For more information this role please call Bronte at Remedy Housing on 0208 418 7677.