South West London, London
10 days ago
We are currently looking for an ABA tutor to work with children on autism spectrum in South West London.
You will work with Head of Inclusion, ABA consultant, supervisor, senior therapists, speech and language therapist and ASD outreach service, to deliver a learning programme based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis to support children in home based ABA program.
This role includes a particular responsibility, along with the Head of Inclusion, to liaise with the ABA consultant on their bi-monthly visits to ensure integration and collaboration of the ABA services into the home-based programme.
- effectively implement a specific individualised, intensive ABA programme in a home based environment.
- conduct 1:1 intensive teaching sessions along with paired and small group teaching sessions using ABA under the direction of the ABA consultant / supervisor.
- effectively support the child in activities, at play to encourage appropriate behaviour consistent with the targets set out by ABA consultant / supervisor.
- maintain good relationships with the child's parents
- attend and participate in review meetings and workshops.
- ensure that salient pupil progress data is collected & summarised.
- regularly communicating data to the ABA Consultant and Head of Inclusion.
- prepare and organise teaching and learning materials as necessary.
- Person Specification ABA Tutor Pre-requisite: Satisfactory enhanced DBS check and references.
- Experience as a current or recently practising ABA tutor / ABA therapist
- Strengths in parental partnership and development
- Evidence of a demonstrable commitment to continuing professional development in ABA practice and theory, knowledge of the National Curriculum and working with children with Autism
- Experience of data analysis
- Experience of working with children across the primary age range
- Experience of working with parents, outside agencies, in partnerships and collaboration to secure achievement, enrichment opportunities and resources for children
- Qualifications and Training
- Minimum of one year experiences delivering BCBA-supervised ABA programme, with experience in a mainstream or ABA school setting or home program.
- Demonstrate highly developed interpersonal skills - able to talk effectively to children, parents, external professionals and colleagues
- Able to liaise effectively with agencies, build good working relationships and rapport with colleagues
- Able to effectively communicate and advise parents on ABA strategies to support consistency in delivery at home programmes.
- Creative, warm, engaging, and transparent Well organized, calm, positive, confident and assuring
- Able to quickly engage and build appropriate relationships with children
- Dependable and reliable, with an excellent record of attendance
- Flexible, able to respond quickly to changes and think on your feet
- Ability to take constructive feedback given by managers/ABA tutor / ABA therapists
If you are interested in hearing more about this position, please contact Zeki at Remedy Education