£80 - £85 per day
5 days ago
3-4 Days -Teaching Assistant - Secondary PRU - Greenwich, South East London
- SEN Teaching Assistant
- Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)
- Challenging Behaviour
- Greenwich - South West London
- £80-85 a day
Remedy Education are currently working with a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) based in Greenwich, South West. They are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to start ASAP for 3-4 days a week.
The school caters for students with challenging behaviour, EBD and autism. It was rated as "Good" by Ofsted, with "Outstanding" aspects, and is very well equipped with good facilities and resources, which the staff make full use of to offer the best level of support to students.
You will be expected to work within a small class with a maximum of 7 students. There is a minimum of 1 Teacher and 1 Teaching Assistant to each class, enabling all pupils to receive the right amount of care and support.
- Managing pupil's behaviour
- Ensuring students engage with lessons
- Providing academic support and working under the instruction of the class teacher
For this role you will need:
- Experience working in specialist schools such as SEN schools or Pupil Referral Units
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience
- Strong behaviour management and confident with challenging behaviour
- SEN experience is essential
- One to one and small group work
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic and friendly, yet firm approach
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Sophie at Remedy Education. You can also call Sophie at Remedy on 0208 418 1390.