East London, London
£350.00 - £400.00 per day + Depending on experience
3 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Workforce Planning and Development Manager to work within a Local Authority in East London.
- To lead the delivery of an effective training and development programme staff across Children's Services that supports effective safeguarding practice and intervention with children and young people and families
- To work with other senior officers in CYPS in order to drive forward social work improvement; in doing this, t develop and maintain effective systems for supporting the identification and commissioning of learning and development opportunities for social care staff within the safeguarding division in CYPS.
- To ensure that training opportunities across the social work workforce reflect core skills, knowledge and competency framework as well as local, national and international policy, procedure, guidance and research findings re best practice including the Munro Review and service redesign.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To work with colleagues in Children's Services, across the council and in partner organisations to develop and agree a clear vision and strategy for the service area, based on:
- the needs of children, young people and families in the local area now and in the future
- political and corporate priorities
- best practice in the Borough and in other areas
- To ensure effective operation of the service in line with this vision and strategy, working in partnership with others as necessary - schools, children's centres, local health providers, the police, voluntary sector providers, private providers and other council partners
- To lead the service, instilling a clear sense of direction, priority and pace across the service, ensuring clarity of goals at a service, team and individual level, conveying how they support the fundamental purpose of the council and energising staff towards their achievement.
- To ensure staff are equipped to deliver through effective recruitment, line management, skills audits, learning and development programmes and the fostering of a supportive working environment
You will need to be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Relevant post qualifying experience within a Safeguarding Children and Young People setting
- Experience of managing multiple work streams concurrently
- Experience of driving forward improved safeguarding practice across agencies, which has led to improved outcomes for children and young people.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly