South London, London
£40 - £42 per hour
3 months ago
This role directly manages and supervises six or seven social workers.
* The Unit that the role manages also has a Unit Co-ordinator within it. This role is line managed by the Business Support Team Leader. However, the role is also an integral part of the Unit and the Unit Manager is responsible for the allocation and prioritising of work and on-site operational management.
The service area covers the Council's statutory responsibilities for looked after children i.e. responsibility for day to day parenting as well as the action necessary to secure permanence for the children. This often involves legal proceedings in the courts.
Role Purpose and Role Dimensions: The focus of this role is the transformation of social work practice.
It is an operational role responsible for the transformation, planning, delivery and development required at Unit level to achieve "permanence" for the Local Authority's looked after children and young people (primarily through adoption, special guardianship and long-term fostering), and positive well-being and safety outcomes for them.
These outcomes are achieved through the:
* post-Munro remodelling
* quality assurance
of a children's social work Unit which is responsible for fulfilling the council's statutory requirements and goals in respect of:
* the assessment, care and permanence planning of looked after children (from second statutory review for indigenous looked after children, and from date of becoming looked after for unaccompanied asylum seeking children)
* the initial assessment, including age assessment, of unaccompanied asylum seeking children
* direct work with children and young people to achieve desired safety and well-being outcomes
* transition to the leaving care service at age 18.
The Permanence Services is responsible for all groups and ages of looked after children and young people with specialist focus local children and young people,
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV .