East London, London
10 months ago
Housing Needs Service - Telephone Support Officer
Remedy Recruitment are currently working with the local authority in London and are currently seeking an experienced Telephone Support Officer, this is a fast past exciting role that sits within the housing needs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities-
- To undertake telephone answering duties by providing support, signposting and advice for all homelessness and other housing enquiries.
- To support the resilience agenda by encouraging customers to use self-service kiosks and online services.
- Gain and maintain a general knowledge of related legislation and local policy and procedures (with particular reference to allocations and homelessness).
- To competently use the required IT systems and enter clear and grammatically correct notes with details of advice/ action on computer records following telephone interaction with clients and officers.
- To update data systems with additional information obtained i.e. applicant's contact details etc.
- Have an excellent and proficient command of English, both verbally and in writing.
- To undertake clerical duties including filing scanning and shredding of documents and photocopying.
- To handle difficult or sensitive enquiries effectively, using listening, interviewing and telephone skills and rapport building.
- To understand what matters to customers, and to ensure appropriate levels of customer service throughout the task of delivering services.
- To help support the delivery of continuous improvement within services, by responding to customer demand, reducing and eliminating "waste", and improving performance and efficiency.
- To use effective communications to build good working relationships across the service.
- To use all available information technology applications and other systems to ensure the efficient provision of information, advice and support to customers.
The successful candidate will require the following -
- Minimum of 2-3 year's experience within a customer service environment working for a Housing Association or other public service organisation, in a capacity which involved face-to-face interaction with customers, resolving difficult issues.
- Understanding of the role and scope of Social Housing providers, and access to these services.
- Understanding of the range of stakeholders & partners concerned with social housing, and a proven history of communicating with such organisations.
For more information please call Bronte at Remedy, 0208 418 7677.