South London, London
£40.00 - £43.00 per hour
27 days ago
Overall Purpose of Job
- To provide direct line management to social workers and to hold professional responsibility for the work of social workers providing social work services to children and their families to safeguard and promote their welfare.
- Supporting the Head of Service and Group Managers in the development, delivery and review of planning, performance, commissioning and governance of services for children, young people, their families and carers so that overall costs are reduced but the life chances of children and young people are maximised.
- To manage the efficient operation of services to ensure the delivery of high quality, fully integrated services to children, young people and their families in line with the requirements of national legislation (including government regulation, local policy and best practice.
- A prime budget responsibility of a variable amount. The budget relates according to the group/ to service delivery e.g. section 17 Children in Need (CA 1989)
- Key decision making in respect of the cases within the remit of the group..
- The delivery of fieldwork and childcare services that have both an impact on the overall performance of the council and an impact on the public and on individual service users.
- Deputising for the Group Managers and/or providing cover for other Supervising Social Worker in the group/service and to be a member of the Group Management Team.
Accountable to: the Group Manager
Accountable for: Up to 8 Social Workers.
You will need to be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- 1st tier agency
- Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
- Receive up to £250 for finding your own job*