South London, London
£33.00 - £34.00 per hour
5 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Occupational Therapy Team Manager to lead a complex case management team which provides support to a Local Authority situated in South London.
- The multi disciplinary team consists of occupational therapists, social workers and a customer service officer. The OT manager provides leadership, direction to all staff, operational supervision to social workers and clinical support to occupational therapists.
- The role expects for the candidate to work jointly with other managers of the Older Person and Physical Disability Service and to lead and continue to develop highly skilled therapists and departmental processes.
- The team is in the North Team and is joint lead with a second team manager with a social work background, who provides clinical supervision to social workers but also operational supervision to therapists.
- The occupational therapists in the team completes complex assessments for residents in the community and assesses for wheelchair housing, major adaptation and special equipment. Moving and handling assessments are completed which can have an impact on the provision of care packages.
- The role is required to provide operational oversight and leadership to these processes and to ensure that occupational therapy and service standards and targets are met or exceeded and that services are effective and waiting list are kept to a minimum.
- Successful candidate to be a confident and positive team leader who provides occupational therapy support to the team. You will also have an excellent moving and handling track record and knowledge of monitoring TCES products as part of the council's equipment contract.
- You are able to ensure that the team's occupational therapy assessments are of outstanding quality and that the equipment solutions are provided within the Council Resources, in line with current consortium developments and at the right level of need for the person.
- The candidate can demonstrate commitment, excellent customer service and communication, is dynamic and has a flexible attitude. This is a key role that has a positive impact on staff and on lives of our Social Care Clients.
- You are expected to be up to speed with social care legislation, political drives and social care practices such as safeguarding and mental capacity.
For more information please contact Holly at Remedy on 0208 418 7676