North East London, London
£40 - £42 per hour
8 months ago
This role lies within a fast paced team in children's services.
You will be responsible for
- Directly managing a multi-disciplinary social work team.
- Ensuring a high quality, high performing and effective social work service is delivered to respond to the needs of children, young people and families in a timely manner and within statutory guidelines, policies and standards.
- Providing advice on complex Child Protection cases within the Group, and across the service area as required and to take a lead on key areas such as managing allegations against professionals, missing children, Newly Qualified social work development, etc.
- Providing high-level professional support to front line Social Work staff and the Advanced SW Practitioners/Deputy Team Managers.
- Deputising for the Group Manager and keep the Service Manager apprised of sensitive, high-profile issues.
- Contributing to the management of the departmental budget.