South West London, London
£40.00 - £45.00 per hour
10 days ago
Main Purpose of the role:
- Managing the day to day operational business of the team and a team of social workers responsible for safeguarding and promoting the best interests of children in accordance with the statutory framework.
- Through management of staff and resources ensure that services are delivered in accordance with the Government policy, (keeping up to date with new proposals and initiatives) legislation, council polices and departmental procedures and that these are customer-focused and of the highest possible quality
- Provide leadership to front line staff in delivering and implementing any future changes in policies, procedure or other developments.
- To support the service senior managers by advising on strategy, policy and future direction of the service, ensuring effective feedback and translation into service delivery. Keep senior management informed of any issues or shortfalls in service providing suitable action plans to address these matters.
- To have lead responsibility for meeting the performance targets of the team and to report these to managers and staff as required
- To manage budgets and expenditure so as to ensure that resources are optimised. in line with eligibility criteria and priority levels as prescribed in assessment and care management policies and procedures, financial regulations, ensuring value for money.
- To provide leadership in ensuring effective working relationships with other parts of Cauldron's Services, the Council Departments (in particular Education, Housing and Adult Social Care), external agencies (Health, police etc) and the third sector
- Significant post qualifying experience of working social care setting with children in need.
- Experience of managing or supervising in children's social services.
- Experience of working collaboratively with other services, e.g. Health and service users to deliver a responsive and co-ordinated service.
For any more information please call Ben on 02084187676 or email .
**Remedy also offers a great referral scheme up to £250 per referral when placed**