£85 - £95 per day
8 months ago
Secondary Teaching Assistant
Southwark, South East London
Large Secondary School
£75 - £95 per day
Long Term to Permanent
We are currently seeking a Teaching Assistant to work in a years 7 - 9 class in a lovely Secondary School based in Southwark. The Secondary Teaching Assistant must have the ability to work alongside and support the teacher within the classroom, especially when the children need help or start misbehaving. Whether you work one-to-one with individual pupils or with small groups, it can be a rewarding job.
This Secondary Teaching Assistant Main Duties:
- Providing support to children with mathematics, reading and writing on an individual, class or small group basis
- Giving extra help to children with special needs or those for whom English is not their first language
- Helping to develop programmes of learning activities and adapting appropriate materials
- Motivating and encouraging pupils
- Assisting with marking and correcting work
- Attending meetings and reviews
- Helping with school events, trips and activities
The Secondary Teaching Assistant Key Skills:
The KS3,KS4 Teaching Assistant MUST:
- A good level of English
- (Degree or equivalent qualification)
- A Valid DBS
- Experience of working with children in an educational secondary setting
- Experience of working with children who have SEN
This school is based in Southwark, South East London and is in easy distance to local transport.
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Envision
Remedy Education is also committed to following a policy of equal opportunities.
We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, culture or disability.
You must be a UK resident or hold a full UK visa and be willing to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.