£75 - £90 per day
12 months ago
Full Time Teaching Assistant required in Greenwich
A great opportunity to work in a modern secondary school based in Greenwich. The school are looking for a teaching assistant to work 1:1 with KS3 students that have been dismissed from mainstream education. This is a perfect role for someone that is looking for the chance to work in a new and challenging environment. Previous experience working in education would be beneficial however youth workers, social workers, support workers and counsellors are also good experiences to have.
The school is a secondary pupil referral unit (PRU) and supports students in KS3 and KS4 with challenging behaviours and medical issues. Due to the nature of the environment the school require someone who has a proven history of good behaviour management and can cope with challenging students. In addition to this you must be able to provide 1:1 support to students helping them with their speech and language, cognitive skills and core subjects. This is a full time support position up until the end of the school year, with a competitive salary.
- Supporting students 1:1 with core subjects
- Assessing pupils levels and ability
- Differentiating work based on students needs and abilities
- Preparing, planning and marking work
- Behaviour management
- Ensuring the schools ethos and policies are being implemented
- Liaising with parents and carers
The school are looking for individuals who are:
- Experienced working with children
- Able to manage behaviour
- Passionate about the potential for education and will go that extra mile every day
- Adaptable, and able to work in a challenging setting
- Interested in working in a different environment
- Committed and resilient
Here at Remedy Education, we strive to ensure that each and every candidate has an opportunity to find their ideal job. For a number of years we are proud to have worked alongside fantastic institutions of learning (Primary, Secondary and SEND) to provide them with high quality teachers and support staff.
We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00