£80 - £85 per day
27 days ago
Are you a motivating and hard-working individual?
Do you have you experience as a SEN teaching assistant in education?
IF SO, then we would like to hear from you. A primary school in Lambeth, are seeking a learning support mentor to join them. The school was recently awarded a rating of 'Good' by Ofsted.
- Taking on some classroom responsibilities within well-resourced and highly organised departments
- Assessing the individual needs of pupils and following their IEP's
- Evaluating and reporting pupils' progress to teachers, carers and health care professionals
- Managing challenging behaviour in a positive way
- These roles will involve either small group work or working with students on a one-to-one basis so you will need to have good communication skills to be able to build strong relationships
The successful candidate will have experience in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Autistic Spectrum Condition - ASC
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - ADHD
- Severe Learning Difficulties - SLD
- Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties - PMLD
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health - SEMH
- Hold a teaching qualification
- Previous SEN experience in a classroom setting
- A DBS and registered on the update service or be willing to apply for a new one
Experience of de-escalation techniques, Picture Exchange Communication (PECS) and Makaton would be a distinct advantage but not necessary.
The school are looking to interview and trial next week so make sure to apply ASAP to be taken into consideration for the role.
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to posts through Remedy Education must undertake or have undertaken the enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) application form.