£150 - £230 per day
17 days ago
FULL TIME OR PART TIME TEACHER OF THE DEAF
TEMPORARY FOR 1 YEAR
£150 - £200 PER DAY
Southwark, South East London
My client is a two-form entry school for children aged 5 to 11 which includes 10 places for children who are profoundly deaf. We pride ourselves on our inclusive education and the positive attitudes towards inclusion that our pupils and parents have. We have high expectations of all of our children and expect them to achieve as well as they can.
- Every child develops a positive sense of their deaf identity and becomes a successful learner
- BSL and English are taught to a high standard enabling our children to develop strengths in both languages
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher to join our well-structured and supportive staff to provide cover for a member of staff on secondment. Starting in September 2018, it is anticipated that this will be for a minimum period of 12 months.
We would welcome applications from qualified Teachers of the Deaf or those currently on mandatory training,with mainstream experience who have the following:
- Minimum BSL Level 3, or working towards
- Excellent Teaching Skills
- Positive view of Deaf children
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures
We can offer:
- Children who enjoy coming to school and are enthusiastic learners
- Excellent teaching facilities throughout the school
- A strong commitment to your CPD
- The opportunity to make a difference
- The opportunity to work within an experienced and enthusiastic DRP team
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education today!!