£32000 - £36000 per annum
SSW - CC_1562169377
17 days ago
Supervising Social Worker, IFA, Croydon, up to £36,000pa
Remedy Recruitment Group is working in partnership with a privately run Independent Fostering Agency to recruit a permanent Supervising Social Worker for their office based in Croydon.
They provide short break, emergency, short-term, long-term and mother & baby fostering.
Ideally you will have some previous experience in fostering.
Main duties include:
- Provide regular support via telephone and supervisory visits to foster carers including occasional unannounced visits which are all recorded.
- Monitor and review the suitability and competence of foster carers ensuring they provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and learning environment for children/young people.
- Undertake Form F assessments of potential foster carers and annual foster carer home reviews and present these to the fostering panel.
- Facilitate, encourage and support contact as agreed in the care plan.
- Support foster carers in preparing children and young people for independent or semi-independent living.
- Participate in the recruitment of potential carers and identify and facilitate training needs of foster families.
- A social work qualification (degree in social work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent recognised social work qualification
- Post qualified experience in Children & Families, in particular LAC and/or fostering
- Experience working with foster carers
- Sound knowledge of child protection procedures
- Full current driving licence
To find out more about this role, please call Dee Spencer on the social care team at Remedy Recruitment Group.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.