£26 - £28 per hour
2 months ago
Specialist Social Worker- Childrens Services
Our Client based in Somerset are currently seeking an Qualified Social Worker.
The successful Social Worker should be comfortable working within a challenging and fast paced environment.
The successful Social Worker will require the following
- The responsibility of the Children's Services Function is to promote and ensure the safety, well-bring and learning of children and young people. Within the Service, Children and Young People's Social Care Team provide services to "Children in Need", children subject to Child Protection Plans, Children "Looked After" and Care Leavers. Many of these roles operate through "multi-agency" teams.
- Experienced Social Workers will work in accordance with professional standards (as set by the HCPC) and will undertake all or any of the elements of the Assignment as described below:-
- Act as the lead agency with regard to more serious/complex cases and offer high level professional and statutory advice to other Social Workers.
- Undertake advanced assessments within their field identifying and providing detailed outcome focused analysis of the main issues including risk and needs in relation to service users and carers so that, within relevant legislation, appropriate action is taken, monitored and reviewed effectively. Specific responsibilities and duties relate to Permanence, Child Protection, legal work, Children Looked After, Fostering and Adoption etc.
- Operate with a significant degree of professional independence and demonstrate competence through CPD and achievement of appropriate post qualification awards.
- Although working within a specialist field (i.e. Safeguarding, Assessment, Fostering, Adoption, CLA) an Experienced Social Worker will be expected to move between specialism as required and with appropriate initial support.
- Manage a workload within the designated function of complex and challenging cases with knowledge, skills and sensitivity or cases of sufficient risk and profile to warrant an experienced
- Chair appropriate meetings in order to ensure the effective review of plans and make any necessary amendments to ensure the quality of care required. Will be expected to identify and specify the need for immediate and future changes to improve practice wherever necessary.
- Act as Practice Educator to at least one social work student on placement a year to ensure dissemination and acquisition of learning and that the students meet the required standards of practice. Able to model and facilitate reflective practice.
- Maintain performance and develop practice and expertise in line with personal targets as agreed through supervision and annual review.
For more information Please call Bronte on 0208 418 7677 for more details or email your CV over today!