£60.00 - £62.00 per hour + Depending on experience
14 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Service Manager to work within a Looked After Children Team for Surrey County Council.
Direct, monitor and coordinate services for Looked After Children (LAC) and children leaving care in a geographical area in Children's services ensuring that an integrated and evidence based approach delivers improved outcomes for children and young people, enables them to achieve a strong identity, good health and achieve their maximum potential. To ensure that children and young people maintain positive contact with siblings and family members and return to live with appropriate family members wherever this is compatible with their welfare and needs. To develop motivational practice within the service area so social workers can build effective supportive relationships with children and young people and their families.
You will need to be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Substantial experience in assessing the needs of, and undertaking direct work with children and young people, together with a track record at Team Manager level of improving children and young people's lives in UK statutory services.
- Wide ranging experience of working with parents, families, carers and networks to achieve optimal outcomes for children and young people.
- Able to demonstrate understanding of the needs of children/young people in their specialist area with the ability to work with the Assistant Director and Directors, partners and other parties to develop and implement plans and actions that ensure improvement.
- Ability to evidence skills in motivational interviewing/willingness to learn; successful record on partnership working; purposeful high quality supervision that has impacted on improved outcomes for children, young people and families and staff retention.
- Satisfactory DBS clearance is required.
- Willing and able to travel around the county to meet the demands of the role, to work from different sites, and work evenings and weekends if required in line with service needs.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly