East London, London
£350 - £380 per day
3 months ago
This role is to head up children who go missing from care. You will work with a range of partner agencies including Police and Social Workers.
This role will ensure that effective action is taken to achieve the best outcomes for children and young people and that best practice in this area is researched and shared.
1. To ensure that all return home interviews are conducted within timescales.
2. To respond to referrals for Return Home interviews and allocate to the most appropriate person to complete the interview
3. To monitor performance against agreed timescales and take action when performance is not of an acceptable standard.
4. To identify poor practice that may be leading to children/young people going missing and to raise the issue with relevant agencies including social workers and provision for looked after children.
5. To provide the quality oversight for return home interviews and provide the link to the Quality Assurance Framework within Children's Services.
6. To ensure that a child centred focus results in professional judgements that promote and are respectful of culture, language, ethnic origin, faith, gender, sexual orientation and disability, so that rights and responsibilities are respected.