South East England, England
£28.00 - £32.00 per hour + Negotiable, depending on experience
11 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Senior Social Worker to work within a Children With Disabilities Team for a Local Authority in South East England.
- To provide the social work service of assessment of need, care planning and, as appropriate, child protection investigation, to prevent the separation of children from their families where possible, and to ensure that children and young people are adequately protected in line with departmental policy, procedures and relevant legislation.
- To support alternative permanent care for children who have to be separated from their families in a timely fashion. To supervise fostering / adoption arrangements. To contribute to ensuring a positive, high profile for the Children's service in its dealings with the public, users and carers and external agencies.
- Taking guidance from more experienced staff, the role holder will undertake child protection investigations, act as key worker to children/young people with a Child Protection Plan, and undertake all related statutory responsibilities.
- They will assess and manage the risk involved in protecting vulnerable children and young people with the support of the Team Manager and Service Manager, distinguishing levels of risk for different situations, to prevent harm and abuse.
- Job holders will also contribute to the regular
- monitoring and review of services established to facilitate service improvement.
Please contact Holly at Remedy on 0208 418 7676 for further information, alternatively please apply to this advert with a copy of your most recent CV