South West London, London
£32.00 - £35.00 per hour + Negotiable, depending on experience
6 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Senior Social Worker to work within a Children in Need Team for a Local Authority based in South West London.
- To contribute through team meetings and organisational events to the development of the Assessment and Child in Need Service.
- To participate in the development and implementation of performance indicators and quality service standards.
- To maintain accurate and up to date electronic case records in line with Departmental policies and procedures.
- To act as duty officer on a rota basis and as required by the Team Manager. The duty social worker is responsibly for dealing with emergencies, which arise on allocated cases when the allocated worker is unavailable.
- To report any concerns about abuse or malpractice by colleague, in line with the Council's Whistle Blowing Policy.
- To ensure that all legislation and local council policies regarding Health and Safety are adhered to.
- These activities may be varied from time to time to meet the changing needs of the service.
- Social Work qualification and registration with the General Social Care Council.
- Experience of working directly with children and young people and their families from a linguistically and culturally diverse community.
- Experience of working in the Statutory, Voluntary or the Independent sector.
- Experience of using computers, including Microsoft office applications.
Please apply to this advert with a copy of your most recent CV - alternatively please send your CV directly