South West London, London
£3 - £34 per hour
3 months ago
The main duties for this role are to;
- Undertake complex Moving & Handling Risk Assessments of service users who have complex moving and handling needs within their own homes where they have care packages involving two carers, assessing the needs of both service users and carers.
- Utilise professional expertise to identify and recommend appropriate assistive equipment for service users to promote the provision of single handed care visits/packages whenever possible.
- Provide advice, demonstration, support and a Personal Handling Plan to minimise risk to both service users and carers and to maximise service users' independence and dignity.
- Prescribe and commission standard and nonstandard disability equipment and minor adaptations. . To demonstrate and advise service users and their carers on its safe use and maintenance and review the service provision as needed.
- Where appropriate to make detailed recommendations, specifications and drawings for major adaptations to service users' homes and to assist them in applying for a Disabled Facilities Grant where applicable. To work with all interested parties, through to the satisfactory completion of the major adaptation. To provide information and advice to service users who are not eligible for the Grant to carry out structural works privately.
- Work flexibly to meet the needs of service users, including being able to undertake assessments outside of normal working hours e.g. early morning or late evening visits when the care staff are undertaking moving and handling and personal care tasks so that these can be directly observed and assessed.
- Ensure service users and their families are communicated with effectively and provided with the necessary information regarding any changes to their moving and handling needs and plans for any changes to their care plans or other interventions.
- Demonstrate calm and sound professional reasoning to any changes in the face of undue concerns or challenge from the service user, family or agency involved.
- Facilitate as much independence and autonomy as possible for the service user through detailed training and demonstration of the use of the most appropriate moving and handling techniques. Support both the service user and family carers to use specialist moving and handling equipment.
- Undertake reviews of service users where there has been a change to their care package to ensure that it remains appropriate, achievable and safe, and communicate outcomes to social care teams.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV .
We also offer a referral bonus for any successful referrals.