2 months ago
Senior Manager Strategic Commissioner- Wirral
Our Client based in Wirral are currently seeking an experienced Senior Manager Strategic Commissioner to work within a busy social work
The successful Worker should be comfortable working within a challenging and fast paced environment.
The role as a Senior Manager Strategic Commissioner- Wirral
- Maintain, develop and lead key strategic relationships with health, social care and other partners to evaluate the impact of outcomes for children and young people.
- Use knowledge of service delivery and market insights to inform and steer service delivery strategies, supporting the work of strategic and partner commissioners.
- Develop from within available resources, school places for children and young people with an Education, Health and Care Plan/Statement of Special Educational Needs, and those identified with SEN support, and evaluate impact through pupil outcomes.
- Strategically lead and have responsibility for services for children and young people with special educational needs in relation to the Children and Families Act 2014 and the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice: 0 to 25 years. Key service areas include education psychologists, sensory, physical and medical needs, statutory assessment, home tuition and behaviour support.
- Review special educational needs provision in early years settings, special schools, mainstream schools and post 16 provision to ensure sufficiency of places appropriate to meeting outcomes for all children and young people and to propose and lead change where appropriate.
- Lead the effective implementation of the Council's Fair Access Protocol and to oversee the managed moves between schools.
- Work in partnership with secondary schools and key Council officers to further develop the Wirral Alternative Education Guild provision so that pupils vulnerable to exclusion, access quality alternative provision which enables access to appropriate career pathways
- Strategically lead parent partnership arrangements so ensuring there is effective parent/carer engagement with the Council.
- Ensure effective partnership working with Headteachers of all specialist provision and engage key partners in policy and service development.
- Strategically lead and collaboratively develop with partners the Self Evaluation Framework (SEF), the SEND Strategy and the SEND action plan.
- Develop, monitor and maintain quality assurance processes including the use of information and intelligence activity in the system to influence and contribute to the SEND strategy, with a clear focus on outcomes for children and young people.
- Work with social care colleagues to evaluate the implementation of the SEND reforms to date so that strengths are accurately identified and a SMART work plan produced.
- Work collaboratively with parents so that they are fully involved in the co-production of the work of the service.
For more information Please call Bronte on 0208 418 7677 for more details or email your CV over today!