2 months ago
- ASAP Start
- Long term to permanent role
- Based in South East London
We are seeking an experienced SENCO, with at least two years' experience in a SEN leadership role.
Your role will be:
- To ensure that Academy practice is compliant with the SEND Code of Practice (2014) and other relevant statutory requirements
- To work with the Academy Leadership team ensuring an ethos of Inclusion within the Academy and a culture of high aspirations for students with SEND
- To work with the Academy Leadership team ensuring the implementation of the Academy SEND Policy
- To ensure that the provision of SEND support is in accordance with the aims of the Academy and the curricular policies determined by the Governing Body and Principal of the Academy.
- To be responsible for maintaining the Academy's SEND Profile, ensuring that it is always up-to-date and is an accurate picture of student SEND need across the Academy
- To be responsible for the accurate identification of SEND need across the Academy, ensuring a rigorous and thorough assessment process.
- To be a role model with regard to Quality First Teaching and differentiation within your own teaching practice
- To be responsible for the embedding of Quality First Teaching across the Academy
- To be responsible for the Academy SEND Offer, ensuring high quality targeted interventions enabling students with SEND to make better progress
- In consultation with the Academy Leadership Team, to provide a programme of professional development with regard to SEND, that ensures all staff have the knowledge, skills and understanding to plan teaching and learning effectively and enable students with SEND to make expected progress
- To be responsible for tracking the progress of students with SEND, using a wide range of Academy data relating to progress, attainment, referrals, exclusions, detentions and attendance to identify barriers to learning.
- To deploy staff and resources according to the needs of SEND students
- To write a termly report to the Governing body on progress and developments
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experience, passionate individual who has at least 2 years experience working within a school.