£70 - £80 per day
5 months ago
** SEN Teaching Assistant **
** Supporting a Child With ADHD **
** Great Opportunity **
** Mon - Fri 8:30am - 15:30pm **
** £65 - £85 Daily Rate **
We are currently seeking a SEN Teaching Assistant to support a year 3 child with ADHD in a welcoming and friendly Primary and Nursery school based in Lewisham, South East London. A low ability child with occasional behavioural difficulties. The SEN Teaching Assistant would need to provide love and security within a curriculum designed to meet the complex needs of all children, in order to prepare them to take place in the ever changing world of today and tomorrow.
The SEN Teaching Assistant Responsibilities:
- Supporting the SEN pupils within the classroom
- Providing one to one sessions with the child who has ADHD
- Preparing learning resources and materials suited to the needs of the SEN child
- Supporting the Class Teacher
- Liaising with parents/guardians with progression reports for the child
- Attending parents evenings
- Supporting the parents with any therapy sessions for the child
- Planning the activities within the lessons
- Obtaining the equipment within the classroom
- Providing help with the learning tasks
- Encouraging the children to take responsibility for their own learning
- Promoting the development of self-esteem
- Must have at least 6 months of experience working as a SEN Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant in a UK School
- Special Needs experience is preferable
- Must have a Degree or Teaching Assistant Qualification
- Valid DBS
- Behaviour management skills
This school is based in Lewisham, South East London and is in easy distance to local transport.
Working hours - 8:30am - 15:30pm. Mon - Fri
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Remedy Education is also committed to following a policy of equal opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, culture or disability.
You must be a UK resident or hold a full UK visa and be willing to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.