£75 - £85 per day
3 months ago
SEN Teaching Assistant - September 2018 Start
1:1 Basis With SEN students (ASD,ADH,Challenging behaviour)
Long term opportunities - Lewisham, Greenwich, Lambeth and Southwark
Amazing Team Work
We are currently seeking an SEN Teaching Assistant for a Primary School based in Lambeth. This role involves working on a 1:1 basis with children who are on the autistic spectrum or other special educational needs. You will be part of a strong and supportive team who all work together to ensure that all pupils are supported. This role would suit candidates who are considering a career in teaching and have some classroom experience and are committed and ready to learn. The school can offer a rewarding and challenging role in a supportive environment.
- Supporting SEN pupils in the classroom
- Providing one to one sessions
- Preparing learning resources and materials suited to the needs of the pupils
- Supporting the Class Teacher
- Liaising with parents/guardians
- Planning the activities
- Obtaining the equipment within the classroom
- Providing help with the learning tasks
- Encouraging the children to take responsibility for their own learning
- Promoting the development of self-esteem
- At least 3+ months experience working with SEN pupils
- At least3+ months experience working in a UK school
- Valid DBS
- Long term position may lead to permanent position
- Professional development
- Helping the childrens learning development
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Remedy Education is also committed to following a policy of equal opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, culture or disability.
You must be a UK resident or hold a full UK visa and be willing to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.