£70 - £90 per day
4 months ago
Long term perm
Remedy Education is a specialist Team of staff who have a passion to help support with recruitment for schools.
I am looking for passionate SEN teaching assistant's with experience working with children and young adults with a variety of additional needs (e.g. autism, dyslexia, ADHD, global development delay, speech and communication difficulties), to provide 1:1 and group based support in a school based in Greenwich, South East London.
You will demonstrate our values of compassion, commitment, reliability and honesty and you will have the opportunity to make a difference whilst earning some of the most competitive rates in London.
- an understanding of the UK National Curriculum/School system;
- a proven record of working with special educational needs - autism/dyslexia/ ADHD or other;
- 100% passion for education, commitment, reliability and honesty;
- to creatively apply differentiated techniques to planning and teaching;
- excellent communication skills;
- excellent literacy and numeracy skills;
- the ability to deal with possible behaviour issues;
- the ability to work flexibly and attend meetings outside hours if necessary;
- to be a team-worker;
- a willingness to apply for an enhanced DBS check;
You will need to:
- make sure that the pupils that you support are able to engage in learning and stay on task during the lesson or activities;
- support and assess the social and emotional development of pupils, reporting any issues as necessary;
- supervise pupil safety.
You must be patient and caring and have a real passion for helping young people overcome their emotional and behavioural barriers. Previous experience of working with individuals with Autism and with additional educational needs is desirable. Applicants will need to use their initiative and adapt quickly and intuitively to the needs of the child as well as a having a willingness to learn and receive direction from others.
Here at Remedy Education we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply please respond to this advert or email your CV to Carly at Remedy Education!