£75 - £95 per day
23 days ago
SEN Teaching Assistant - 1:1 - Challenging Behaviour - Greenwich
You will be assisting the class teacher by helping the identified student to learn as effectively as possible, both independently and in group situations. This position will be supporting a child in Year 3 with challenging behaviour.
This role is to start ASAP.
- Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes.
- Interact with the child according to their individual needs.
The ideal SEN Teaching Assistant:
- Have prior experience working with children with SEN, preferably ASD.
- Enjoy working with children in both 1:1 situations and in group settings.
- Demonstrate what additional and different learning techniques you have to help close the gap between lower and higher level ability pupils.
- An approachable, calm and professional manner.
- Have positive behaviour management skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility in working practices and the ability to know when to use initiative.
- Have positive working relationships with children, staff and parents as well as excellent communication skills.
- Be full of energy and enthusiasm.
- Will be available to start immediately.
- Located in Greenwich
- Offers a very strong, supportive staff with an excellent SEN team in place.
- Has a very inclusive ethos.
- Is a medium sized, close knit school that is centred at the local community
- Offers great professional development opportunities for its staff.
- Friendly, dedicated and passionate staff who are valued by the school and parents
Please contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education to apply for this role!!