£150 - £160 per day
4 days ago
22nd April 2019
SEN Teacher - PMLD Specialist - Greenwich
Remedy Education is recruiting for a SEN Teacher / PMLD Teacher to join a Special Educational Needs School in Greenwich. The school caters for students post 16 age group who have Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and severe physical disabilities. The SEN Teacher / PMLD Teacher will need to be comfortable teaching a small class of students with severe learning difficulties. The SEN Teacher / PMLD Teacher will need to be experienced with teaching special needs and be able to hit the ground running. This is a maternity cover contract starting in February 2019.
About the Role
- SEN Teacher / PMLD Teacher
- 22nd April 2019 Start
- To work in a small class of 6 students of mixed aged and abilities
- There will be a 1:1 TA to support each student in the class
- Teaching life skills and core subjects
- £130 - £180 daily rate (dependent on experience)
About the School
- Strong and supportive leadership team
- ASD, SLD, MLD and PMLD students with challenging behaviour
- Dedicated Post 16 SEN school
- Fantastic resources and equipment
- 2 floor school converted from an office block
- Open plan area in the centre of the school
In order to be considered for this role the SEN Teacher / PMLD Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Relevant experience working in SEN Schools
- Experience working with severe learning difficulties and challenging students
- Qualified Teacher status
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to Sophie at Remedy Education.
You can also call Sophie on 0208 418 1390.