£150 - £180 per day
3 months ago
- Secondary SEN Teacher
- ASAP Start
- Excellent Rates of Pay
- Friendly Supportive School
- Good transport links/parking
- Interviewing ASAP
I am currently looking for an SEN teacher to teach Life Skills who is experienced working with students Autism to join a top SEN school in Chigwell. The school are seeking to appoint a quality SEN practitioner to join their team as soon as possible.
This Secondary school is based for pupils aged 11-19 years, with autism. It is a richly diverse, cohesive community where all students are celebrated and where staff work together as a team to ensure that every child reaches their potential in happy and safe surroundings.
The school is well served by public transport. The needs of the students range from mild to severe autism. You will need to be committed to ensuring pupils make good progress and encourage pupils to reach their potential through engaging and stimulating teaching. It is important that you are a good line manager, can set targets and write reports, liaise with parents and external agencies and communicate well with fellow staff. Your main duties would include:
- Inspiring, engaging and developing social and Life skills of children with Autism
- Assessing individual learning needs and working with experienced LSA's in class
- Assessing and reporting on individual pupil's progress.
- Successful candidates will need the following skills and qualifications:
- QTS or a UK recognised teaching qualification
- To be able to differentiate work to students depending on their need and abilities.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with other staff members.
- The ability to use initiative and can work well under pressure.
- To apply for this SEN Teaching position please send your CV marked for the attention of Ryan Thurkettle to Remedy Education 0208 418 1390.