£70 - £90 per day
6 days ago
SEN/ASD Learning Support Assistant Full-Time - South East London - Lambeth - Immediate Start!
Are you passionate about learning and development?
As mentioned the role will be full-time.
You will be working with Children 1:1 in year's 2 and 3. Experience working with pupils with a ASD, neurological disorders involving global delay and some hearing impairment is preferable.
Remedy Education are assisting a primary school in Lambeth in South East London who are looking to appoint a high quality learning support assistant to support whole classes in addition to pupils with SEN. This South East London primary school is a well established school in the borough of Lambeth.
Purpose of the Learning Support assistant job:
- To work under the instruction/guidance of senior/teaching staff to support the delivery of quality learning and teaching and to help raise standards of achievement for all pupils;
- To encourage the participation of pupils in the social and academic processes of the school, and enable pupils to become more independent learners;
- To undertake work/care/support programmes to enable access to learning for pupils and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils in the classroom.
We are looking for a Learning Support assistant who:
- has an enthusiasm for teaching and learning
- has high expectations of children's achievement and behaviour and the ability to demonstrate the highest quality classroom practice
- is motivated and uses their initiative when necessary
- is passionate about creating a stimulating learning environment
- works very well as part of a team and is willing to participate fully in all aspects of school life
- is able to relate well to children and adults, offering personal and social support to the wellbeing of key children and their families, attending relevant meetings
- is a caring and understanding person, with a good sense of humour, who is committed to supporting high standards of behaviour and enjoyment of learning.
Ability to deliver support and interventions to groups or individual children, including those with SEND is essential. The need to be flexible in response to the day-to-day requirements of a busy school will be an important consideration for any applicant.
In return we are offering:
- A competitive daily rate based on experience and training
- A dedicated consultant
- A great opportunity and full support
APPLY NOW to find out more about this opportunity. Trial days to take place ASAP.
The post holder must promote and safeguard the welfare of the children and young people that they are responsible for, or come into contact with
Remedy Education is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.