£20 - £25 per hour
2 months ago
SEN Case Officer, SE London, up to £25ph
An experienced SEN Case Officer is urgently required for our client based in South East London.
You will be responsible for assessing and reviewing the special educational needs of pupils in the borough including the shared supervision and development of staff to understand SEN within the service.
Main duties include:
- Meet with parents, advocates and professional agencies at various locations to represent the LEA and to negotiate appropriate provision to meet children's needs.
- Brief the SEN assessment manager and panel members on proposed pupil placements, costs and travel assistance implications.
- Process applications for assisted transport and make arrangements and resolve any issues for pupils with special educational need.
- Work with the Children with Complex Needs service to ensure that a holistic assessment is done to understand and meet the needs of the child/ren and family.
- Knowledge of Education and SEN Law and processes.
- Ability to manage staff and to complete complex processes within set deadlines.
- Experience of effectively relating to children with special educational needs and disabilities and to further their development.
- Advocacy skills to present complex cases and arguments to parents, schools or third parties.
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV to Dee Spencer on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.