£80 - £90 per day
about 1 year ago
SEMH Teaching Assistant for Progressive Secondary in Bromley
Are you a graduate looking to gain experience working with secondary SEN pupils?
Do you have ambitions to become an Educational or Clinical Psychologist or perhaps the motivation of becoming a teacher?
If so, this SEMH Teaching Assistant post in a challenging multicultural secondary school in Bromley could be just the ticket you need!
SEMH Teaching Assistant Specification:
- Passionate and empathetic SEMH Teaching Assistant
- 1st class or 2:1 degree from a leading UK University
- Previous experience working with Special Educational Needs
- Strong GCSE results English / Maths / Science - good background subject knowledge
- Proven behaviour management strategies and emphatic listening skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
SEMH Teaching Assistant Role:
- Work with pupils 11-16 with Mental Health concerns
- Providing emotional support and care to individuals suffering with SEMH
- Work with class teachers and school SENCo, opportunity to work with external agencies
- Monitor pupil progress with personal development plans
- Long-term position starting in September 2018
- £70 - £95 day rate
This SEMH Teaching Assistant post is available at a mainstream secondary school within the inclusion unit. The pupils that you will be working with have recently been admitted from a specialist unit / PRU and will therefore be very vulnerable, the SEMH Teaching Assistant post will involve integration working with pupils aged 11-16 who display extremely challenging behavior.
The purpose of this SEMH role is to assist pupils effectively, you must make sure your students are given the praise and positive reinforcement they need to understand when they have been successful. While working with SEMH students it is important that you do all you can to facilitate their social and emotional development.
Take this incredible opportunity to further your career and apply for this SEMH Teaching Assistant position in South East London today!