£70 - £85 per day
about 1 month ago
SEMH Teaching Assistant - Camden , North London - ASAP Start or September 2019 Start
My client is an Outstanding special school, based in Camden for children and young adults with a range of complex needs and disabilities.
- SEMH Teaching Assistant
- SEN School
- Specialist Provision
- £75 - £85 per day
- ASAP or September 2019 start
- London Borough of Camden
They are looking to appoint quality SEMH Teaching Assistants for a number of new classes across the different Key Stages. Applications are invited from outstanding SEMH Teaching Assistants including graduates who are experienced, enthusiastic, innovative practitioners keen to inspire our children.
A dynamic, forward-looking Specialist School/College and a great place to work. 'Learning for Life' is their ethos and they want every learner to achieve the best. They focus all their energy on providing outstanding teaching and learning experiences within a caring and secure environment within the community.
- Have a commitment and passion to work with pupils with a wide and diverse range of SEND including mainstream commissioning support;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Can lead, motivate and inspire teams to raise standards in student outcomes;
- Want to be members of a creative and dynamic staff team with outstanding expectations for our learners to achieve in life.
- Has experience of working with students with SEN and SEMH needs
- Must have previous experience (Essential)
- Specific SEN knowledge (desirable)
- Proven record of strong behaviour management (essential)
- Proven record of excellent classroom practice (essential)
- Experience of different communication approaches to support students with SLCN and Autism (desirable)
- Knowledge and good understanding of safeguarding procedures
What my client can offer:
- The opportunity to work in a successful, continuously improving and supportive school, taking a lead role in an exciting phase of its development;
- The chance to join a talented, highly committed and supportive staff team
- Motivated children who are willing to learn;
- Well-equipped and resourced classrooms;
- Continued professional development.
If you feel this is the right role for you, please contact Hollie Myers at Remedy Education