5 months ago
Remedy Education are recruiting!
Are you an SEMH Teaching Assistant looking for your next role in Camden?
Remedy Education is currently looking for an experienced SEMH specialist to work 1:1 with a student with Challenging behaviour in an Alternative Provision The role starts as soon as possible and would be for the rest of the academic year.
This highly regarded Alternative Provision in Camden that specialises in working with pupils who have significant social emotional and mental health needs (SEMH). The school is a unique facility with a strong senior leadership team who are supported by some excellent therapeutic practitioners to work with SEMH pupils.
- Experience working with SEMH pupils in a PRU setting is preferred but not essential
- Staff will need to be able to think on their feet and work with energetic challenging pupils and be able to work independently
- Team Teach training would be an asset.
About the School:
This School is Camden's educational provision for secondary aged students whose primary need is their social, emotional or mental health development.
It is comprised of the three specialist services in Camden that currently provide support for secondary aged children and young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
The School caters up to a 100 young people who require specialist SEMH provision, including students:
- Identified as requiring such provision through a statement/EHCP of SEN (SEMH),
- who have been permanently excluded from mainstream school, or who are at significant risk of being permanently excluded, and who require a managed short term intervention to prevent permanent exclusion.
If you are a proactive and enthusiastic SEMH TA looking for a new role, please forward your CV to Zeki Mehmet at Remedy Education today for consideration.