£130 - £180 per day
30 days ago
Long term perm
SEMH/ASD Primary Teacher
A specialist ASD/SEMH provision in South East London, are currently seeking a fully qualified primary teacher to work within their team.
About the School
- The school focuses solely on supporting students who are currently no longer attending mainstream schools due to social, emotional, mental health issues and autism. All students require strong boundaries and guidance to help them achieve and reintegrate back in to school.
- It is a very supportive atmosphere where positive behaviour is encouraged, rather than focusing on the negative. Students have come from an environment that focuses on flaws and have not be encouraged and praised on their strengths.
- They provide a nurturing environment to help students strive and achieve in alternative ways, creatively as well as academically.
- You must hold a full QTS (qualified teacher status)
- Experience working with challenging behaviours.
- The ability to strongly communicate and build rapport with both students, parents, supporting professionals and staff.
- Previous experience within an SEN school is desirable, though not essential.
- Further CPD training
- Competitive pay rates
- Free parking
Please contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education today for more information.