7 months ago
** Science Technician **
** Great Opportunity To Progress **
We are currently looking for a Science Technician to join a lovely school based in Newham. The right Science Technician would need to organise, deliver and develop technical services to the Science Department of the School in order to support the teaching of a range of Science subjects by that Department, whilst unequivocally upholding the school's values.
- Assist with the use of equipment and supplies as teaching aids as required
- Assist teaching staff in the identification of the technical support needs generated by the curriculum
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations in the delivery of technical services
- Develop professionally to ensure the service and advice to the Department is up to date
- Following the departmental system for the notification and management of practical requests and providing feedback to teachers on availability of equipment in a timely manner
- The preparation, setting up, and testing of materials, components, apparatus and equipment and ensuring their retrieval and clearing away promptly after use.
- Carrying out demonstrations when required
- Providing technical advice and assistance to teachers and pupils including assisting in practical classes where appropriate.
- Assisting in the maintenance and repair of apparatus and equipment either by staff or contractors
- Locking up of laboratories and stores and securing equipment when not in use
- Maintaining the Department's specialist resources, including animal and plant collections.
- Assisting with the provision of apparatus and materials for microbiological, radioactive and chemical work, and compliance with the relevant COSHH regulations
- Arranging the collection of specimens and making local purchases for curriculum purposes
The Right Science Technician MUST:
- 2 Science based A levels
- First aid certificate
- Previous experience in a scientific environment
- Knowledge of science in relation to the main subject specialisms and curricular requirements
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety regulations
- Knowledge of available materials, apparatus and equipment
- Competent ICT skills
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
The school has a tradition of academic rigour combined with creative curiosity that is supported by a wide range of extra-curricular provision. Students are encouraged to be ambitious, resilient and inquisitive.
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Remedy Education is also committed to following a policy of equal opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, culture or disability.