£60 - £120 per day
8 months ago
Remedy Education are currently working with a number of Secondary Schools all around Haringey who are looking for Science Technicians to join the Science Department as soon as possible.
The school require a candidate who is knowledgeable about science across the board in Chemistry, Biology and Physics. You will join the Science Department supporting class teachers in science classes from Year 7 to A-level, carrying out relevant duties required by the Senior Technician or Class Teachers. Assist the Teaching Staff in demonstrating the use of equipment and apparatus, designing and constructing equipment for use in experiments.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the equipment are organised and well maintained
- Making sure the equipment are safe for use
- Keeping adequate levels of materials and equipment are available for use by teachers
- Keeping preparation rooms, fume cupboards and laboratories in a safe and tidy condition.
The suitable candidate will have the following skills:
- Previous support work within a school or other transferable child-related experience
- A firm presence and strong behaviour management
- Qualified to degree level in a scientific field
- Confident preparing and assisting carrying out experiments
- Health and Safety training or experience and be aware of safety issues
- Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
If you meet the criteria above, and would like to be part of our excellent team of Science Technicians, please forward your CV to Sandra @ Remedy Education now with and I will be in touch with a follow up call ASAP.