5 months ago
**Competitive Pay rate
**Full Time Ongoing
**School Admin Officer
Main purpose of the role:
Working closely with the School Business Manager, the Administration Officer plays a supportive role in the effective management of school administrative systems, including monitoring and reviewing the school's systems and procedures.
The Administration Officer also undertakes other professional duties, as delegated by the Headteacher.
In order to deliver the service effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed and the post holder will be required from time to time to perform work not specifically referred to above and which is on occasion outside of normal working hours. Such duties, however, will fall within the general scope of the post, at the appropriate grade. Any such duties should not substantially change the general character of the post.
Carry out administrative duties in relation to admissions and transitions.
Pupil attendance & Punctuality
Working closely with the Inclusion leaders, implement policies and procedures to improve pupil attendance and monitor their effectiveness.
Record pupils' attendance and absence on the school's database.
Contact parents on the first day of pupil absences and record on the school data base in accordance with school procedures.
Produce relevant attendance reports for the Inclusion leader.
Liaise with the Education Welfare Service, as appropriate.
Under the direction of the Head of site, book and record supply cover.
Keep Senior Leadership Team updated regarding staff absences in accordance with school procedures.
Maintain accurate records of staff absence.
Report, log and monitor all IT technical issues.
Manage and keep updated the school's staff and pupil data bases.
Complete and submit the pupil and staff census for the DfE.
Complete and submit all local authority data reports.
Retrieve from and upload information onto LGFL USO website.
Record staff attendance data and submit relevant reports to the local authority.
Collect, record and bank all dinner monies, after school club and school trip monies in accordance with school procedures.
Follow procedures in respect of any outstanding balances.
Under the direction of the School Business Manager, process invoices on the school's finance package.
Under the direction of the School Business Manager, order and maintain records of whole school stock.
Order and store school uniform and maintain the school uniform inventory.
Check all deliveries on day of delivery and file delivery notes in accordance with school procedures.
Ensure deliveries are distributed to the correct department in the school.
Carry out general administrative duties.
Coordinate school dinners and liaise with the school kitchen.
Liaise with an external website designer to maintain the school website.
Maintain the school diary.
Manage arrangements for school trips.
Ensure that all photocopiers are in working order and log any faults.
Book training courses for staff and governors and maintain a training log.
Act as the first point of contact for all visitors as required
Ensure that incoming mail is dealt with and distribute to the correct department.
Ensure visitors adhere to the school's policies and procedures.
Organise hospitality for visitors and meetings.
Implement procedures to ensure the security of IT equipment in the school.
Hours: 40 hours (term time only)
The school offices are open 7.30-5pm
- Experience of working within a school environment
- Experience of managing data bases
- Experience of managing attendance and punctuality within a school environment
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Experience of providing front line services to a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience of working within a framework of statutory compliance
- Experience of managing own workload
- Experience of managing Human Resources and Payroll
- Experience of managing school dinner money packages
- Experience of managing admissions within a school environment
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to work on your own initiative
- Proven ability to use a range of IT packages
- Proven ability to analyse, use and present data
- GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and Maths
If you are interested in this position please do not hesitate in emailing your CV to myslelf on zeki@remedy education.co.uk