19 days ago
Remedy Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Revenues Officer to work within a busy Housing Team in London.
You'll help to make sure rents, council tax and business rates are collected. You'll be responsible for arranging payment of housing and council tax benefits.
Your day-to-day tasks as a revenues officer may include:
- calculating rents, council tax and business rates
- sending bills and reminders
- collecting and processing payments
- recovering arrears of rent or council tax
- arranging legal action against debtors
- getting money back from customers who have been overpaid
- attending court
With experience, you may also work on housing valuations.
Your day-to-day tasks as a benefits officer may include:
- assessing people's eligibility for benefits
- checking and processing claims forms
- arranging payments
- recovering overpayments of benefits
With experience you may investigate potential cases of fraud.
The Sucessfull candidate will require the following-
- excellent communication skills
- the ability to remain calm and polite with customers who may be angry or upset
- the ability to understand and clearly explain complex rules
- excellent customer service skills
- accuracy and attention to detail