North London, London
£17 - £19 per hour
3 months ago
Remedy Recruitment are currently working with a Local Authority in North London and are currently seeking an experienced Revenues Officer to work within a busy housing team.
** Salary- £17-£19 PH **
** Start- ASAP**
Administering housing benefits, rent, council tax and business rates. Focus on calculating and collecting rents, council tax and business rates, looking after all the related administrative work.
- Sending bills and issuing reminders.
- Collecting and processing payments.
- Dealing with enquiries face to face, by letter, e-mail or by phone.
- Advising people who are having difficulty paying their council tax, rents and rates, and agreeing how they will pay off their debts.
- Maintaining accurate clerical and computerised records.
- Recovering arrears of rent or council tax.
- Assessing whether people are entitled to benefits.
- Checking and processing claims forms.
- Communicating with social services, housing associations and Department of Work and Pensions staff.
- Recovering benefit overpayments.
- Identifying fraud and assisting in fraud investigations.
If you are the successful candidate for the role, please call Bronte at Remedy on 0208 418 7677.