South London, London
£17 - £18 per hour
2 months ago
|* Keeping the Council's Revenues records accurate and up to date: setting up council tax and / or business rates accounts and awarding reductions (discounts, disregards, exemptions, relief) where appropriate, changing payer types, issuing refunds and tracing gone aways in accordance with all relevant legislation, procedures, case law and council policy.|
* Negotiating and agreeing arrangements for customers to pay once a summons has been issued, in accordance with procedures to maximise revenue for the Council
* Providing services to customers through a number of service
disciplines to include receiving incoming calls, dealing with face to face appointment, online contact and white mail
* Assist at court hearings both Main and Adjourned, interviewing and making arrangements with customers and where necessary making the decision to request an adjournment
* Implement recovery methods to maximise collection for the council.
* Provide advice and guidance on the collection and recovery of council tax and / or business rates to customers using various mediums.
* Arranging visits to confirm customer circumstances and signposting to other services where appropriate
* Providing high levels of customer care and proactively resolving queries regarding council tax and / or business rates
* Deal with instalment applications encouraging customers to pay by direct debit.
* Process re-valuation schedules when received from the Valuation Office including amendments, reconsiderations, historic, new and deletions in relation to business rates.
* To determine next appropriate recovery action - Attachment Of Earning /Attachment Of Benefits/Enforcement Agents
* Prepare cases for issue to bailiffs, extract information from reports to identify direct payments, adjustments and changes of liability in relation to business rates
* Take appropriate recovery action on post liability order cases to maximise recovery