Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£19 - £20 per hour
3 months ago
Quantity Surveyor - Stoke on Trent
- To ensure the maintenance, improvement and investment in the City Council's Housing Stock is completed within the most cost effective and efficient manner, through current delivery principles and to identify areas where further efficiency may be made, reporting findings to the Programme and Procurement Manager
- To monitor, challenge and correct any deviancies from a client perspective where there are concerns regarding value for money, quality of material, conformity to specifications and to report to Programme and Procurement Manager.
- To successful negotiate, persuade and problem solve where appropriate.
- To assist the Programme and Procurement Manager with the financial monitoring of programmes of work and report on individual and overall project programming.
- To evaluate and monitor the effective use of materials ensuring that value for money is achieved at all times.
- To ensure the maintenance contractor maintains a suitable list of sub-contractors capable of delivering high levels of service at competitive rates and to ensure the maintenance contractor follows the Council's procurement rules when tendering services.
- To liaise with our Joint Venture Partners, Management, Area Implementation Team Managers and staff, Local Centre Managers and staff, ensuring a joined up and customer focused approach is delivered for material specification and in the development of project specifications.
- To assist in the monitoring of the appropriate maintenance, improvement and investment in the City Council's Housing Stock is completed within the predetermined timescales to the prescribed specification, ensuring value for money, is attained in every case.
- To review and challenge, where necessary, the cost of materials and ensure financial control, policies and procedures are adhered to for all work.
- To review and challenge where necessary the valuations being made with regard to the completion of work undertaken
- To authorise applications/valuations to ensure eligibility of work and to examine schedules of work, estimates and quotations for accuracy.
- To analyse material life cycle costs, quality of material, tenant satisfaction with materials and liaise with tenants' groups to agree the most appropriate alternative material at best cost and quality to satisfy all party's needs.
- To liaise with our Joint Venture Partners and management, Area Implementation Team Managers and staff, Local Centre Managers and staff, ensuring a joined up and customer focused approach is delivered ensuring requests, queries and reports are handled efficiently and effectively, ensuring officers, members and stakeholders, including Service Improvement groups, are consulted and kept informed of relevant issues as appropriate.
Please email for more information