West London, London
£32.00 - £35.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
Responsibilities & Duties:
- To respond flexibly and rapidly to requests for interventions and support packages to maintain young people with their families in the community.
- To work closely with colleagues in Children's Specialist Services to monitor and review cases as part of Southwark's strategy to reduce the number of children and young people becoming looked after by the local authority.
- To ensure that practice responds positively and sensitively to cultural, religious, linguistic and ethnic diversity and in relation to gender, sexual orientation, family status and ability.
- To ensure the implementation and co-ordination of complex assessments, the purchase of agreed packages of care and the monitoring of service contracts, in partnership with the users/carers and advocates.
- To work closely with other Council Departments and statutory and independent agencies to meet the complex needs of service users and their carers.
- To establish links with and support local groups, user representatives, and other local resources which provide informal networks of care.
- To provide an effective social work service at individual client level by ensuring the use of appropriate resources from the Council, and statutory and/or independent agencies, for example, a Family Group Conference service, that will enable the child and the wider network of family and friends, by focusing on the child or young person and by working together collectively, to meet that child or young person's specific needs.
- To attend child protection conferences and review meetings and, as appropriate, attend Court as the officer of the Council.
- To prepare and present complex reports and undertake all administrative duties related to the social work function
- To assist in the supervision of students undertaking professional training, assigned to the work area.
- Any service provided will be in line with statutory requirements and departmental policy
You will need to be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- 1st tier agency
- Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place.
- Receive up to £250 for finding your own job.