£27 - £28 per hour
2 months ago
Qualified Social Worker- Mental Health Team- Essex
Our Client based in Essex are currently seeking an experienced qualified social worker to work within a Mental Health Team
The successful Senior Social Worker should be comfortable working within a challenging and fast paced environment.
The role as a Social Worker
- To hold a caseload of people who have complex mental health needs.
- To work with these clients, their families and their carers in various settings.
- To undertake comprehensive needs-led assessments, working as an integral member of the Team and to participate in multi-disciplinary systems as appropriate, including joint screening and assessment as required.
- Following the principles and legislation of care in the community to act as care co-ordinator, sensitively designing community care packages to meet identified needs.
- To understand and to follow accurately Departmental procedures regarding the contracting, purchasing and reviewing of all forms of care.
- To contribute to the provision of effective after care services, including those required under Section 117 and the Care Programme Approach.
- To work the allocated hours in a flexible way so as to meet the client needs, sometimes out of office hours when necessary.
- To work flexibly in the context of the developing mental health service in Southend-on-Sea and to undertake any other duties as may be from time to time required. To undertake any other duties as may be required which are appropriate for grades of posts up to and including the grade of this post. This will include covering for other posts.
- To be familiar with Health and Safety procedures and good practice and to implement these in all aspects of working practice and promote them in the team and workplace.
- To be familiar with Equal Opportunities good practice and with the Council and Department's statement on Purpose, Values and Style and to implement these in all aspects of working practice and promote it in the team and workplace. This includes encouraging service users, relatives and carers to have a voice in the provision of services and acting as an advocate as appropriate.
- To be familiar with the Comments, Compliments and Complaints Policy and Procedure and good practice relating to this and to implement this in all aspects of working practice and promote it in the team and workplace. This includes encouraging service users, relatives and carers to have a voice in the provision of services and acting as an advocate as appropriate.
- To contribute to a culture within the Social Services that values people for their positive contributions to work and encourages and supports high standards of interpersonal behaviour and professional performance.
For more information Please call Bronte on 0208 418 7677 for more details or email your CV over today!