East London, London
£28.00 - £32.00 per hour + Negotiable
2 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker (QSW) to work within a Looked After Children Team (LAC) for a Local Authority based in East London.
1. To draw up complex multi-agency plans quickly and effectively, that ensure the protection of children.
2.To ensure that where it is in keeping with their welfare children return home within agreed timescales.
3. Where the return home plan is not working to the child's timescale then taking decisive action to ensure they can be placed in an alternative family.
4. To work with the complex arrangements (with parents, permanent carers, children and other agencies) where children need a permanent placement either with relatives or other carers.
5.Undertaking direct work with a child or young person to ensure their views are included in the planning and that they understand and work with their plan.
6. To provide an emergency service for assessment and action where children are referred as being at risk of immediate physical danger.
7. To liaise with other sections of the Department and other relevant agencies to ensure that good childcare practice is carried out in line with departmental policy including groups and agencies.
8. To participate in relevant training and monitoring consistent standards of work.
Please contact Holly at Remedy on 0208 418 7676 for further information or please apply to this advert with a copy of your most recent CV