Remedy Recruitment Group is working in partnership with the local authority based in East London to recruit an experienced Qualified Social Worker to Join the hospital Team.
Do you thrive on working in a fast paced environment and want to work in a hospital setting?
Your role will be;
1. To manage a caseload of people with care and support needs and carers with support needs.
2. To carry out assessments doe clients in Hospital to determine eligibility and care and support needs of people, and the support needs of carers of people with care and support needs, and for these to be done in line with the expectations of the Care Act 2014 and the regulations and statutory guidance that go with it.
3. Undertake Safeguarding Enquiries in accordance with Care Act 2014 duties.
4. Apply the Mental Capacity Act and undertake capacity assessments.
5. To work with people to plan how their care and support needs or, in the case of carers, their support needs might be met. This will involve identifying eligible needs and needs that will be met by the local authority.
6. To carry out financial assessments relating to care and support services, or make sure these are done.
7. Giving people who may have care and support needs or who are carers information about any likely cost of services, welfare rights entitlements, and any other relevant information and advice.
The ideal canddiate must have at least 2 years experience working in a hospital team.
This is an on-going position to start immediately !
* Assess, plan, review and provide support to a child, family or carer with complex family or social care needs, taking full account of appropriate legal frameworks, policy and guidance
* Assess family functioning, providing help and support, when relationship breakdown threatens to impair the health or well-being of children at risk of abuse or neglect
* Carry out an assessment or enquiry and plan responses to safeguard a child from abuse, neglect or exploitation, building effective relationships with children, adults and families as appropriate, including intervention when information or circumstances suggest there may be a need to remove a child from their parents or carers
* Arrange appropriate alternative care (including, where appropriate a permanent home) in collaboration with children, young people and their parents/carers where the parents/carers cannot care for them
* Promoting autonomy and development with individuals who have complex social needs and are more vulnerable as a result of disability, exclusion, or diminished capacity, for example, working with people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities or diminished capacity
* Carry out age and human rights assessments as appropriate
* Write court reports and give evidence in relation to children at risk during legal proceedings
* Assess people's suitability as foster carers, kinship carers (including Special Guardians), or adopters
* Hold a caseload of a level of complexity and provide case management, guidance, support and expert advice to social care staff, students and newly qualified social workers, as and when required
* DipSW, CQSW, CSS or equivalent.
* Experience in working in a Hospital Team
* Minimum 2 years hospital experience.
* Car driver/owner.
Please call Claire on 0208 418 7676 for more details or email your CV over to claire@remedymedical today!
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour or nationality.