West London, London
2 months ago
Our Client, a popular and very supportive Local Authority in West London are looking for a Qualified Social Worker to join their community service.
The team strives to ensure cases are manageable and staff retention in this team is high.
You will need to be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- To manage a caseload which includes vulnerable users or those with complex problems, taking action where necessary to protect the users and others in emergency situations.
- To make appropriate assessments of individual's social care needs, within specified time limits and in collaboration with health and other relevant agencies, taking into consideration the wishes of individuals and their carers.
- To plan relevant responses to meet individual needs in collaboration with relatives, carers, advocates and representatives, and in consultation with health and other agencies.
- To secure the delivery, within the financial resources available, of services to meet assessed needs.
- To maintain an effective system for co-ordinating, monitoring and reviewing care plans and service standards; to identify gaps in services and to advise the Line Manager accordingly.
- To maintain a range of costed resource information accessible to users, carers and other colleagues.
- To participate in office duty arrangements. To receive regular supervision from your Line Manager.
- To provide your Line Manager with statistical and other relevant management information in manual and computerised form.
- To carry out other duties appropriate to the grade as may be required by the department.
- To promote and enhance co-operation and effective working relationships between professional colleagues and agencies.
- To carry out all the above duties in line with the spirit of the Council's Equal Opportunity Policy, and in a way which takes heed of the ethnic and cultural diversity of the local community.
- To take responsibility appropriate to the post for tackling racism and promoting good race, ethnic and community relations.
- To work outside of normal working hours as and when required.
**Remedy offer a great referral scheme up to £250 per successful referral.**