South London, London
£28.00 - £32.00 per hour + Negotiable
7 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker (QSW) to work within a Children's Safeguarding Team for a Local Authority based in South London.
As a member of the Children Social Care Team to take individual and collective professional responsibility for championing the council's diversity agenda and proactively implementing initiatives which secure equality of access and outcomes. Also to commit to continually developing personal understanding of diversity.
- To provide a social care perspective, within a multidisciplinary setting, to address the needs of children with families and safeguard children under the terms of s.17 of the Children Act 1989 and other relevant legislation.
- To assist the Team Manager/Practice Manager in all aspects of Staff and performance management.
- The post holder will need to have a good understanding of financial assessments, budgets and charging.
- Assessing and intervening in line with Children Safeguarding procedures when there are allegations of abuse
- Ability to work flexible hours, including the completion, assessments and occasional planned meetings / appointments outside of normal office hours.
Work closely with colleagues from
Key External Contacts:
- Government Bodies
- Members of the public (including Adults and their families)
- Outside Agencies
- Other Local Authorities
- Partner Organisations
- Independent and Voluntary service providers
- Courts, Metropolitan Police service
Professionals in other joint teams
Key Internal Contacts:
- Housing and finance teams
- Education teams
- Other social services teams
Please contact Holly at Remedy on 0208 418 7676 for further information